According to Black Knight, homeowners who fit the above criteria could end up saving about $300 a month ($3,600 per year) by refinancing to a lower rate.
Homeowners are being told to refinance their mortgage and shave a few hundred dollars off their monthly payments. Consequently, mortgage companies need to reach out to Homeowners who are prime refinance candidates. Otherwise, those homeowners will likely click on the top mortgage company they see in Google.
Low Down Payments
The low down payment mortgage has become the standard entry to home ownership in the U.S.
More than 1.3 million homeowners put less than 20 percent down on their mortgage in last year. This is according to a report by the U.S. Mortgage Insurers (USMI) association. The number of low down payment mortgages backed by private mortgage insurance (PMI) increased by 22.9 percent in the same period. PMI is generally required on mortgages with less than 20 percent down.
In fact, 58 percent of agency mortgages had some type of mortgage insurance, according to the Urban Institute. The majority of those home loans were insured by PMI (41 percent). The next highest groups were FHA (36 percent) and VA (23 percent). Mortgages with PMI have been on the rise since 2016. That’s when homeowners put less down.
Booming Real Estate Sales
The summer real estate market as states reopen and mortgage rates fall to record lows.
Contracts for previously owned U.S. homes surged in May by 44.3 percent. This is the most ever. This is as a result of states reopening from coronavirus lockdowns, according to The National Association of Realtors’ index of pending home sales.
How’s Your Visiblity?
Homeowners eager to refinance and save are grabbing at record-low mortgage rates. But, are they applying with you?
You need to get your messages out now. In other words, you have no time to delay getting your letters ready to mail. In addition, you want to plan a companion digital display to make your message more visible / more important.
Above all, you want to be first in the door with your programs.
Top List Picks for February, 2021
- Refinance Prospects – What else can we say ? According to Black Knight, there are 19 million mortgage holders who are good refinance candidates. They estimate these homeowners could save $3.95 billion a month by swapping out their home loans. Market to them now – before your competition does.
- First Time Home Buyers – We overlay many elements on our Renters data to qualify this group. We use age, income, marital status, length of residence, ethnicity, modeled credit and geography. Consequently, the First Time Home Buyer overlay really enhances the basic renter data. Millennials are also aging up. The key is marketing credit down payment assistance and credit opportunities.
- Reverse Mortgage Prospects – We are seeing a big increase in reverse mortgage loan origination activities for 2020. There are more than 10,000 Americans reaching age 62 each day. They need specific retirement planning and resource tools as components to a financial longevity strategy. In the last few years, Reverse Mortgages have become an accepted part of a retirement strategy.
- Renovation Loan Prospects – People are staying in their homes longer and taking out loans to renovate and remodel their homes. Therefore, many homeowners are making upgrades to their homes to age in place.
- Invitation To Apply Lists – These mortgage lead lists are for those mortgage companies looking for an alternative or supplement to prescreen data. Drill down with our select options. These include modeled credit score, household demographics, and property criteria. Click HERE to read about the different between ITA lists and prescreen lists.
Target Unique Market Segments with our Mortgage Lead Lists
Latinos – Latinos were the only demographic group that increased its rate of home ownership for three consecutive years. This is according to the National Association of Latino Real Estate Professionals. For example, Latino Home ownership actually accounts for nearly 75% of the net increase in US Home Ownership. For that reason, the Hispanic segment is a key market group that must not be overlooked. Marketers can easily request Hispanic surnames on their mortgage prospect lists.
Millennials – the largest wave of New Home Buyers, representing 33% of last year’s home buyers. Millennials are now reaching peak home buying age. This means that you need to reassess your marketing strategies to accommodate the preferences of Millennials. The First Time Home Buyer list is still the top list for new originations. Want to learn more?Read DataDale’s recent article about Marketing Mortgage Products to Millennials.
In conclusion, with a little creativity, Mortgage Marketers can prosper in today’s economy.
Focus your marketing on what would trigger the need for a mortgage
We offer mortgage lead lists for:
Select from these high response mortgage lead lists and mortgage marketing list databases:
Have you Read the Mortgage Marketing Blog?
**Read Data Dale’s Blogs for the Mortgage Industry
Refinance Eligible Homeowners Give Mortgage Brokers an Edge – February 2021
Mortgage Professionals Need to Market – June 2020
Marketing Mortgage Products to Millennials – May, 2019
Millennials are the Largest Wave of New Home Buyers – April, 2019
Understanding the Difference Between Prescreen Credit Lists & Invitation to Apply – August, 2018
April is New Homes Month & Millennials are Leading the Charge – April, 2018
Mortgage Marketing Outlook – 1st Quarter of 2018 – January 2018
Will the Gig Economy Change Mortgage Lending? – August, 2017
Can a Reverse Mortgage Help Retirees with their “Fundedness” – June, 2017
Mortgage Pros – Take notice – Millennials are Buying Homes – May, 2017
Is 2016 the Year for Reverse Mortgages? – published Jan 2016
DataDale’s Mortgage Outlook for 2nd Half of 2016 – published 8/3/ 2016
New Hybrid Marketing Methods for Mortgage Professionals – published 1/15/2015
2015 Marks the Return of First Time Home Buyers to the Marketplace – published 1/2/2015
New Home Purchase Leads for Mortgage Brokers & Loan Officers – published 4/1/14
Mortgage Direct Mail – Can It Rebound? – published 8/14/14
Mortgage Mailers – Are You Barking Up The Wrong Tree? – published 9/26/13
How Mortgage Mailers are Generating New Leads with Direct Mail – published 1/16/2014
Telephone numbers are available on most mortgage lead lists. We offer both landline and cellphone data. At Dataman Group, we believe in responsible telemarketing. Therefore, if you want mortgage telemarketing leads in your market, our data is flushed against Federal and State Do Not Call Lists. Federal SAN required for all telemarketing lists.