FIND NEW DENTAL PATIENTS
In a survey of more than 7,500 dentists who were asked about the greatest challenge their practice faces, the overwhelming response (2 to 1) was new patient flow. A healthy practice should be seeing an average of 25 new patients per month per doctor.
Approximately 75% of these should come as referrals from existing patients; the others need to come from the Practice’s marketing efforts.
For new patient acquisition, direct mail remains the top prospect medium, allowing dentists to target the top prospects in their area with a compelling offer to attract them to their practice.
Top New Patient Prospects:
There are several key markets that bring in patients year-in, year-out:
- New Movers is the most widely-used dental prospect list, providing dental practices with a continuous opportunity to reach new households as they move in. Many practices mail to New Movers on an on-going monthly basis, generating new patients that stay with their practice for years.
- Selected Demographic mailings to targeted households within a given radius, perhaps 5 miles around the practice, focusing on females who are the decision makers in the household. BTW – brand new opportunity – if you order a list of 30,000+ households, we will match / on-board a companion list right to your Facebook Adwords campaign.
Special Lists for Specialty Dental Practices:
- Pediatric Dentists love our Children Turning 1 list – for baby’s first dental visit and families with children 5-14 years old to market Sealants. (Read the NY Times article on 9/22/16)
- Orthodontists mail to families in their markets with children turning 7 years old. A birthday card to this demographic will give an Orthodontist entrée into this special niche market.
- Cosmetic Dentists have great success with college graduates looking for jobs, singles looking to find soul mates, and affluent individuals looking to improve their appearance.
- Prosthodontics can reach out to individuals who have self-reported that they have Gum Problems
Want more information on putting your mail campaign together? Just click on our latest white paper on Dental Marketing, updated May 2016: Dental Marketing – White Paper. You might also want to read about the difference between Dental Marketing & Dental Advertising.
Are You Spending Too much $$ on Local Search?
What happens when someone breaks a tooth or needs emergency dental care? Most of the time, they will go on-line either on their home computer or use their mobile phone to search for a local dentist. They will usually click on one of the dental practices closest to the top and if they use their mobile phone, they will most likely only see one or two choices.
How does your dental practice rank? Can you be quickly and easily found in local search? And, will your practice name pop up, along with a map indicating directions to your practice and your phone number for easy connection?
Remember, when an emergency occurs, people need speed, people need convenience. They are not going to start scrolling around. They need to find your practice and be able to click & call you right away. And, if your practice is not front and center in local search, consumers will bypass you and move to the practice that offers them the efficiency they are looking for.
Dataman Group Direct’s Local-by-Local Search offers Dental Practices the convenience of a Local Search Campaign Set-Up & Launch Program, along with optional monthly maintenance & advisory packages. For Dental Practices who do not show up in the top 3 positions of Google search,, this service offers them a low-cost way to get visible in local search.
Call the Dataman Group office at (800) 771-3282 for more information about the right mailing lists for your Dental Practice or to find out about the best way to increase your visibility in Local Search.