Many Lead generation managers ask me questions about the viability of marketing to people on their cell phones and if they can buy cell phone lists.
Nowadays, most Americans are only reachable on their cell phone, which has dramatically changed the lead generation landscape. Yes, there are cell phone lists available in the marketplace. As with telemarketing lists of landlines, companies need to insure that they are calling only those individuals who are not listed on the Do Not Call and following all the FTC regulations.
Here are some statistics that show how prevalent cell phone usage is and which market segments are most likely to rely exclusively on cell phones for communication. Many marketers utilize cell phone lists to reach both their customers and prospects.
- More than half of American homes (52.5%) had cell phones and no landline phones in the 1st half of 2017 – a 3.2% increase from the prior year, and more than double since 2008.
- About 50.8% of all adults (128 million) lived in wireless only homes — and the same for 62.3% of all children (46 million).
- A sixth of American homes (15.1%, 40 million adults) still had a landline, but received all or almost all calls on their cell phones.
- More than 70% of all adults aged 25-34 and of adults renting their homes were living in wireless-only households.
- Adults living in poverty (66.3%) and near poverty (59.0%) were more likely than higher income adults (48.5%) to be living in households with only wireless telephones.
- Hispanic adults (64.8%) were more likely than non-Hispanic white (46.6%), non-Hispanic black (52.1%), or non-Hispanic Asian (47.4%) adults to be living in households with only wireless telephones.
All of these statistics are from this report: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhis/earlyrelease/wireless201705.pdf
Click HERE to read how Cell phone data can be appended to your file.