Turning 65-ers are the perfect target for your Medicare Insurance Lead List.
Every month, almost 10,000 people turn 65 in the United States. They must register for Medicare and sign up for a supplemental Medicare insurance policy.
That’s what makes this Lead List so perfect for insurance agents looking for new customers. Our Medicare Insurance Lead list is sequenced by month of birth. This makes it easy for insurance agents to select the right prospects at the right time.
Many agents mail to the Turning 65-ers 4 months before they turn 65. This gives the agent time to “work the lead”. It also gives the prospect time to do their research so they can make an informed decision.
Medicare is a milestone
Getting Medicare is a major milestone. In the direct marketing world, we call it a “trigger”. This milestone triggers the needs sign up for Medicare, social security and for supplemental Medicare Insurance.
No matter where someone is in their Medicare journey, they need to understand these 5 important facts:
- Some people get Medicare automatically, and some have to sign up. You may have to sign up if you’re 65 (or almost 65) and not getting Social Security.
- There are certain times of the year when you can sign up or change how you get your coverage. This is called the Open Enrollment period.
- If you sign up for Medicare Part B when you’re first eligible, you can avoid a penalty.
- You can choose how you get your Medicare coverage.
- You may be able to get help with your Medicare costs.
For many people, these are not easy questions to answer. The waters are difficult to navigate. There is a great deal of confusion in terms of the different parts (A, B, D). It is also challenging to find the right prescription drug plan since there are so many choices.
Most people need the help of an insurance professional who specializes in Medicare Insurance. That’s why insurance agents rely on Medicare Insurance Lead Lists to help them reach new people to help. That is also why people respond to mail, phone and email solicitations for Medicare Insurance programs.
One last caveat – Insurance agents need to make sure their material stands out it the mail. Click HERE for more tips on creating compelling Medicare Insurance marketing.