Are you asking the right questions to close that First Mortgage? Experts agree that the best way to develop rapport and close that first mortgage is to learn about your customer. The best way to do this is by asking open-ended questions.
Instead of asking about the property type and loan amount, focus on asking if the customer would like to take cash out of the property, how long the customer intends to stay there, their future plans, etc.
Asking questions allows you to provide superior service, and can help you uncover your customer’s true needs and motivation — especially if your customer doesn’t have a firm answer. Sometimes the right questions will help them crystallize their own thinking, so you can close that first mortgage or refinance.
Sample questions include:
- Has anyone ever explained the loan process to you step-by-step?
- Do you know what your credit score is and what’s on your credit report?
- Have you seen any other rates you like?
- What kind of property are you buying? Tell me more about it.
- Have you considered rolling other debt into the mortgage in order to lower payments and save money on interest?
Asking questions will help you stand out to your customer and begin to build a personal relationship, which is an effective way to sell. Of course you have to find the right prospects to have that conversation with……and that’s an entire other story altogether!
Learn more about asking the right questions to close that First Mortgage from Tracy Weckwerth, Digital Marketing Specialist from Loan Officer Hub, by clicking HERE