You can still have telemarketing success. In fact, telemarketing still is a profitable lead generator for many businesses. You need to start with a solid list and play by the rules.
Does your business does Outbound or Pre-recorded Calling? if so, make sure your people are adhering to these Top 10 TCPA Musts for telemarketing success.
- Maintain an up-to-date, company-specific, written Do-Not-Call Policy to be produced on-demand.
- Know the different requirements applicable to autodialed and prerecorded calls to wireless numbers and residential landlines, identify wireless numbers, and ensure compliant call handling before dialing.
- Treat autodialed texts the same as any autodialed call to a wireless number.
- Keep records of “prior express written express consent” to receive autodialed calls or texts, or prerecorded calls, with name and associated telephone number of consenting party, and consent language.
- Incorporate prior express written consent language to receive telemarketing calls and texts in your standard contract for services.
- Scrub your call list at least monthly against the National Do-Not-Call Registry.
- Maintain a current Company-specific Do-Not-Call List.
- Make sure to call someone who contacts a customer service center and requests a call back.
- Discontinue placing calls to a requesting party no later than 30 days after receiving a Do-Not-Call Request.
- Avoid calls to reassigned wireless numbers once reassigned even if intending to call the person to whom it was once assigned.
Thank you to Douglas Bonner, an attorney with a Washington DC Firm called Womble Carlyle, specializing in TCPA laws & regulations, for this list.
Dataman Group offers a wide variety of scrubbed telemarketing lists for businesses looking to reach consumers and other businesses.