I always tell my clients that they need to put serious thought into creating the perfect offer for their marketing campaigns.
- Make the most appealing offer you can afford to give. It could be a discount, promotion, value-added product, coveted gift item. In creating the perfect offer, generosity will make all the difference – people don’t like cheapskates any more in 2019 than they did in 1919.
- Make it easy to understand. Simplicity counts and offers less opportunity for confusion.
- Make sure that the offer is only good for a limited time. If an offer is indefinitely valuable, prospects will save it for later and then forget about it.
- Make responding to the Offer easy. Provide lots ways to respond, with multiple opportunities, to do so.
- Don’t be shy. Tell them exactly what to do to respond to the Offer: Click Here, Call Now, Visit our Website. Think of Infomercials that drill their 800 # into your head a dozen times.
- Don’t ask for unnecessary information in your response vehicle. Every extra line on a form gives people a chance to abandon / drop out.
- Fulfill Offers quickly and effectively. Ship physical offers, email certificates/coupon codes for discounts. There is also solid brand equity in the efficiency of fulfilling the perfect Offer. Businesses should also maximize this contact within the sales funnel.
The Offer did its’ job and Generated a Lead.
It’s up to you to do the rest.