If you want better lead generation results, you need to make sure your landing pages – and the forms on them – are well-constructed.
One of the primary goals of your SEO efforts and PPC advertising is driving conversions. For most of us, the end result of “driving conversions” means your prospect has filled out your lead generation form.
Maybe they found you online. Perhaps they got a direct mail postcard with a QR code that drove them to your landing page. Regardless, you spent good money getting them to your landing page. Now you need to make sure they fill out and submit your lead gen form.
The truth of the matter is that sometimes, people have trouble filling out the form on your landing page. If they have trouble, they will drop you like a hot potato. And all your time, effort and money will be wasted.
Quick tips for improving your landing page forms:
- You need to make sure form fields have a clearly defined border. You want them to be a consistent size. They should be left-aligned.
- Confirm all of your form fields have labels. If you want people to fill out dates, provide a date format. If you want people to fill out numbers, provide a number format. You want people to fill out your forms with a minimum of angst.
- Use the fewest number of fields you can. The more information you ask for, the more likely they will drop out.
- Organize lengthy forms into digestible sections. This makes them easier to understand.
- Stay away from forms with multiple columns. It is much harder for people to navigate around to fill these out.
- Utilize the simplest captcha you can find. Many people have no patience with difficult-to-decipher-wiggly lines.