It doesn’t matter if you are selling Water Treatment units or Gutter Guards, the principal is the same. The key thing is getting the in-home appointment – and then acing it!
I read some great information about LeafGuard, a company that manufactures and installs gutter guards. When I was a young new homeowners, I had no idea what a gutter guard was. So, I will explain. It’s either a one-piece specialized gutter or a gutter cover attachment that prevents debris and leaves from clogging a home owner’s gutters. As a homeowner who has had backup caused by clogged gutters, I know the value of this kind of item!
Anyway, the people over at LeafGuard surveyed homeowners across the country. Their goal was to find out a consumer’s most important considerations in scheduling. This was either scheduling an in-home appointment or an actual installation with a home improvement company.
The questions they asked were:
Who do you let into your home?
How do you trust someone to do quality work?
Here are the results of their survey:
- 71% of homeowners say that a sense of personal safety is very important or extremely important
- 74.7% say it is very important or extremely important to be present when an installer shows up
- 80.2% say that it is very important or extremely important to meet with a home improvement professional in person beforehand
- 60.4% want to choose a business they have heard of it the past, saying it is very important or extremely important
- 67% says it’s important to conduct research on the quality of the service in addition to researching the product / company.
- 66% say that reviews are very important or extremely important when choosing a home improvement service
- 11% view a warranty or satisfaction guarantee as not all that important or slightly important